Sunday, November 15, 2009

Robert Pattinson Plays Salvador Dali in Little Ashes!


One of the most magical moments in my years of blind devotion to movie-watching was when I first saw a 15- minute 1929 masterpiece called "Un Chien Andalou" by master surrealist Luis Bunuel. It was dream-like, shocking and nothing like anything I've ever seen. For a time I was obsessed with the works of Bunuel and this obsession extended to the works of Bunuel's frequent collaborators, the painter Salvador Dali and writer Federico Garcia Lorca.

Imagine my excitement when I found out that a movie has recently been made about the lives and relationships of the formidable trio. The movie "Little Ashes" follows the 18-year old Dali as he attracts the attention and develops a bond with the university's social elite, Bunuel and Lorca in 1922 Madrid.


If it sounds rather boring, wait till your 13 year-old daughter finds out that it stars "Twilight" heartthrob Robert Pattinson as the very Spanish Salvador Dali. (Uhmm. That bit kind of ruins the film for me.) This is Pattinson's first post- Edward Cullen film and is sure to drive public interest. The film also stars Javier Beltran as Garcia Llorca and Matthew McNulty as Bunuel. Paul Morrison directs.


Hmmm.. Why do I have the feeling that this film is going to be truly abhorrent and forgettable in an "Other Boleyn Girl" kind of way? Ikaw? What do you  think? Should this be in the crap bucket? (Hi, Peter Travers)

3 comments:

  1. i rely on ny times movie reviews hasn't failed me so far. i have read that the movie fails big time. the only reason it made a buzz is yes because robert pattinson is in the movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ lali: this is movie is dead before it hits manila.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to bomb but I'm currently having naughty thoughts on Cedric Diggory's mustache. Teehee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails